September 29, 2008

Meow Mix Vol. 3 -- Pussy Tunes

I'm going to try and be brief, but this is my blog and I shouldn't restrain myself nor edit my lengthiness unless I really feel the words I'm typing are wholly unnecessary or something to that effect. FUCK! Let’s start over.

I’m really sorry you have to read this shit. “Give me the music, just give me the goddamn music,” you say. Okay!

This weekend was spent helping the girlfriend paint out bathroom a color called “field poppy.” Basically, it’s a dark pumpkin color. We like it. It’s much better than the diarrhea/vomit (or diarrhea vomit) color the girlfriend picked out before. Next step: install a bidet. I really just want to get one so I can talk about it. I doubt I’d use it. I barely even wipe my ass.

Why am I telling you this?

This is the next “Meow Mix” for you all. I’d like to say I helped Vernon pick out the songs, but that just isn’t true. I did ask to have a few included and, surprisingly, he allowed them on the mix. My tracks were the “Ragtime” by a brilliantly talented, otherworldly troubadour who goes by his name “Pokey LeFarge.” I had the opportunity to interview him for the newspaper last week. I’ll post the rest of the interview on Friday. The second song I chose was “In the Underground” by the Spring Standards. They opened for the everybodyfields on Thursday of last week. This is from their debut EP “No One Will Know.” It’s very good.

Vernon, as usual, went way weird with his selections: John Zorn, Tramway, Scott Walker, Smoke, Gene Clark, Mayo Thompson…it’s ridiculous really... ridiculously good. I hate him and his musical tastes.



MEOW MIX Vol. 3

1. Ragtime – Pokey LeFarge (Live in Studio ’99)
2. Amsterdam – U.N.P.O.C.
3. In the Underground – The Spring Standards
4. The Sicilian Clan – John Zorn
5. When We Were Still Friends – Herman Dune
6. Southbound – Thin Lizzy
7. Bridge of Avignon – Eve Boswell
8. Hero of the War – Scott Walker
9. Soul Deep – The Box Tops
10. One in a Hundred – Gene Clark
11. Maritime City – Tramway
12. Charley’s Girl – Lou Reed
13. Black Legs – Mayo Thompson
14. Ballet – Smoke
15. White Light – Gene Clark
16. Is This What You Wanted? – Leonard Cohen

Download Meow Mix Vol. 3


I’m posting a delicious (what?) Tim Easton set from Chattanooga’s Tivoli Theater on Tuesday. Don’t soil yourself.
By the by, will you point me to your favorite way to cook boneless chicken breast recipes? I’m an amateurish cook at best and my girlfriend eats chicken and not much else as far as meat goes. Suggestions?*




*Don’t say, “get a new girlfriend,” assholes.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Easy way to cook delicious chicken.

Heat the tiniest bit of oil in a saute pan, then lie two chicken breasts flat out in it.

Stab them a few times

Douse them with lemon juice, then give them a couple of grinds each of black pepper.

When they're cooked halfway through, flip them over and add a little more pepper to what has now become the top.

Serve with a salad and bask in the glory. :-)

R

Uncle Vernon said...

I will bask in the lemon pepper chicken glory this evening.

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I congratulate, what necessary words..., an excellent idea

Anonymous said...

Interesting post... Looks like solid-state memory is finally starting to become more popular. Hopefully we'll start seeing a drop in solid state harddrive prices real soon. 5 dollar 32 GB SDs for your Nintendo DS flash card... imagine that!

(Posted from Nintendo DS running [url=http://knol.google.com/k/anonymous/-/9v7ff0hnkzef/1]R4i DS[/url] NetBrowze)